NDDS is committed to identifying the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected and to documenting the purposes for which personal information is collected.
- We do not collect personal information indiscriminately. Both the amount and the type of information we collect is limited to that which is necessary to fulfill the general purposes outlined above.
- We will not use previously collected personal information for a new purpose without first identifying the new purpose and obtaining your consent for the new use, unless otherwise permitted by law.
- You may direct any questions concerning the collection, the use which will be made of the information, the categories of person who will have access to it within the organization, the place where the file will be kept and your rights of access and rectification to our privacy officer.
- You may withdraw your consent to our collection of your personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our privacy officer. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent may impact on our ability to serve you and to maintain our relationship.
Note: In certain circumstances personal information can be collected, used or disclosed without your knowledge and consent. For example, legal, medical or security reasons may make it impossible or impractical to seek consent. When information is being collected for the detection and prevention of fraud or for law enforcement, seeking consent might defeat the purpose of collecting the information. Seeking consent may be impossible or inappropriate if you were a minor, seriously ill, or mentally incapacitated.
In meeting our privacy responsibilities, NDDS will act in a reasonable manner and consider what a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
- Any questions concerning privacy compliance can be sent to our privacy officer at:
ATTENTION: PRIVACY OFFICER
146 Main Street West
North Bay, Ontario P1B 2T5
- We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our policies and practices relating to the handling of personal information.
- We inform individuals who make inquiries or lodge complaints of the existence of relevant complaint procedures.
- We investigate all complaints. If a complaint is found to be justified, then we take appropriate measures to resolve the matter including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
- We reserve the right to seek legal advice where appropriate before providing a final response to inquiries or complaints.
Finally, please be advised that information voluntarily disclosed online in discussion areas or other public areas of our website can be collected, used and disclosed by third parties. Any submissions made to discussion areas or other public areas on our website are done at the user’s risk and on the understanding that such information may be accessible to third parties. We cannot control and will not be liable for any damages that may arise from such user activity.